You are here
Solar Project Manager - Artisan Electric, Vashon WA
Artisan Electric, Inc. is looking for an experienced solar project manager to join our management team. In this position, the project manager will be responsible for overseeing residential and commercial solar projects from initial customer contact to final paperwork. Aside from meeting the skills and qualifications listed below, we are looking for someone who is passionate about renewable energy, has a personal skill set that enhances our team, is professional and driven. Please send a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties and Responsibilities will include the following:
· Conduct solar site evaluations and solar consultations with potential customers.
· Work with management to produce solar proposals for the customer.
· Create and implement an installation schedule with minimal supervision.
· Order equipment and materials needed for installations to maintain the schedule.
· Create one-line electrical drawings and produce accurate, practical and timely system designs suitable for the application and customer’s needs.
· Work with the electricians, laborers and management staff to successfully plan, execute and manage the installation of projects in daily/weekly pipeline.
· Maintain the proper company documents for each project including permitting, "as built" information, and related documents.
· Oversee electrical inspections, utility commissioning and final paperwork with customer.
· Maintain customer and project database with updated information.
· Provide support at educational workshops and tabling events.
· College degree.
· One year or more of supervisory experience and/or demonstrated leadership skills in the solar, construction or roofing industry.
· Good communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with customers and company personnel.
· Ability to create basic electrical one-line diagrams.
· Good computer skills.
· Valid and clean WA drivers license.
· NABCEP certification.
· OSHA 10 certification.
· Ability to reference NEC and WAC codes and regulations. The project manager will be responsible for a code compliant and operational system and meeting with the Authorities Having Jurisdiction when appropriate.
· Knowledge of Commercial and Residential Electrical Systems.
· Basic knowledge of Residential and Commercial roofing Systems.
· Basic blueprint/ electrical schematics reading skills.
· Compensation starts at $20-25/hour, based upon experience.
· Orca passes for commuting to and from the island.
· Medical health insurance after 90 days.
· A chance to be a leader for a small solar company.
About Artisan Electric:
Artisan Electric, Inc. is a small commercial and residential electrical contractor based on Vashon Island, Washington specializing in solar PV design and installation. We are dedicated to economic, social and environmental sustainability as a business ethic.
Please attach your resume and include a cover letter answering the following questions:
1) Why do you want to work as a project manager for a solar company?
2) What are the most important things that you look for in an employer and your work environment?