You are here
Washington State Field Coordinator, Surfrider Foundation, WA
Work under the supervision of the Director of Chapters to support and build Surfrider Foundation’s volunteer chapter network in Washington State.
• Coordinate the statewide efforts of chapters within the region.
• Assist in growing statewide membership
• Facilitate and train chapter volunteers in direct action organizing techniques including, but not limited to; campaign planning, recruitment, strategy, tactics and program implementation.
• Represent Surfrider Foundation at local administrative hearings and public events when necessary.
• In conjunction with the Director of Development, develop and maintain positive relations with the regional funding community.
• Coordinate with the Director of Chapters to develop and facilitate statewide training conferences for the WA Chapter network.
• Collaborate with the Washington Policy Coordinator to promote statewide legislative campaigns (throughout the chapter network) where appropriate.
• Collaborate with the Washington Policy Coordinator on relative grant deliverables.
• Administrative Responsibilities include, but are not limited to; writing newsletter articles, grant reports, oversight of chapter governance reporting and social media outreach.
We are seeking candidates who have the desire and skills to work on exciting grassroots organizing issues. Candidates must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), demonstrated leadership skills and have professional experience in direct action organizing techniques and implementation. Candidates need the following; ability to work independently; ability to travel extensively throughout the state and willingness to work a flexible schedule that includes weekends. The position emphasizes the skills sets of a community organizer.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a full-time position based in the State of Washington with medical benefits; long-term disability insurance and 401 K plan with partial employer matching. Surfrider Foundation offers a salary that is competitive with other national, not-for-profit conservation organizations for this position. Opportunities for advancement are available.
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Edward Mazzarella, Director of Chapters
Deadline for receiving resumes is April 24, 2012
The Surfrider Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.