|Friday, October 14 Reception from 6-8pm. Doors open for sign-in at 5pm.|
|Reception sponsored by A&R Solar.|
|Saturday, October 15 Conference from 9am-4 or 5pm. Doors open for sign-in at 8am. Light breakfast, snacks and lunch will be served. Light reception following the conference until 6pm.|
Friday evening reception keynote
Rhys Roth, Director of the Center for Sustainable Infrastructure (CSI) at The Evergreen State College
Rhys will highlight key findings of Rewiring the Northwest’s Energy Infrastructure, which draws on interviews with three dozen Northwest energy visionaries and leaders to explore how our region can develop one of the world’s most sustainable, resilient, affordable and integrated energy systems by 2040.
Saturday: Topics that will be discussed during the Saturday session of the 2016 Washington State Solar Summit
- 2016 State of Solar in Washington.
- The State of Solar outside Washington: Examples of what's working/not working in other states.
- A utility overview: status report on utilities and where they stand according to the production incentive and net metering caps.
- A utility discussion including the past, present and future of net metering, technical limits of grid tied solar, addressing the NW energy needs, and more.
- New opportunities in solar-where solar is heading with respect to community solar, utility scale, off-grid, low income, and more.
- A stakeholders roundtable with elected officials, installers, manufacturing, NGOs and others.
- Renewable energy projects in Indian Country
Speakers/presenters/panelists confirmed to date:
- David Nicol, President, Solar Washington
- Rhys Roth, Director of the Center for Sustainable Infrastructure (CSI) at The Evergreen State College
- Jaimes Valdez, NW SEED
- Travis Bryant, One Energy
- David Kozin, Solar Installers of Washington/A&R Solar
- Jeremy Smithson, Solar Installers of Washington/Puget Sound Solar
- Linda Esparza, Franklin PUD
- Jake Wade, Seattle City Light
- George Pohndorf, Snohomish PUD
- Phil Undercuffler, Outback Power
- Eugene Wilkie, Now! Solar
- Joel Swisher-Director, Institute of Energy Studies, Western WA Univ
- Greg Rock, CarbonWA
- Ben Kujala, Northwest Power and Conservation Council
- Joni Bosh, Northwest Energy Coalition
- Rep. Gerry Pollett
- Rep. Chad Magendanz
- Rep. Norma Smith
- Rep. Jake Fey
- Rep. Zack Hudgins
- Fallon Stidd, Legislative Assistant for Rep. Jesse Young
Topics and speakers subject to change. Speaker confirmations will be made public on an ongoing basis. We will have the schedule available at the end of September. Thank you! If you haven't yet registered, please register today!