Upcoming Solar Washington events and other solar-related events throughout Washington.
Why One Should Attend
- Compelling keynote and plenary speakers discussing the latest trends, techniques, and challenges within the PH movement
- Three educational tracks to enhance your knowledge and skills
- New to the industry? Check out Passive House 101 and take a Passive House tour
- A comprehensive vendor fair where you can meet and network with industry pros and leading edge suppliers
- Excellent networking opportunities with like-minded professionals
- A chance to share ideas and ask questions.
Who Will Be There?
- Architects and designers
- Builders and remodelers
- Building products manufacturers and distributors
- Real estate developers and appraisers
- Energy consultants
- Mechanical and electrical engineers
- Home performance contractors
- HVAC/Mechanical consultants
- Renewable energy providers
- Representatives of organizations that support the PH movement
- And individuals from diverse backgrounds who are interested in learning more about PH!
- The strength of this movement is based on the involvement and enthusiasm of people like you! We hope you will join us for what promises to be an exciting and informative program!
Event will start at 6:30pm and will be held at WSU-Tricities campus in north part of Richland.
First speaker: PNNL climate scientist and Tri Cities Citizens' Climate Lobby president Dr. Steve Ghan will present causes and science of climate change
Second speaker: WSU Professor Lori Nelson will speak on consequences and mitigation of climate change
Third speaker: Eugene Wilkie, owner of Now! Solar and a Solar Washington Board Member who will teach residents how to go solar and conserve energy use.
Q&A will follow the presentations. This community event is free
Also showing will be the film, How To Let Go Of The World And Love All The Things Climate Can't Change, on Friday, April 21st as a chain of events leading up to Earth Day and the Tricities Celebration of Science march on April 22nd in Richland.
Join the NW Energy Coalition on May 5th for the Spring 2017 NW Clean & Affordable Energy Conference, the region's premier clean energy conference! Today's most important energy topics will be addressed, including the role of federal and local governments in the energy sector, the possibilities for clean portfolio development by utilities, the debate over how to recover salmon in the Northwest, and the critical role of transmission in unlocking renewable resources. Click for details and to register.
The Oregon Solar Energy Conference is the fastest growing regional solar conferences in the U.S. OSEIA hosted over 400 attendees in 2016 at the Portland Crowne Plaza. For 2017 OSEIA will offer an additional day of training including business development sessions, hands on installation training and electrical code change courses. Also, OSEIA will be developing solar + storage trainings & policy sessions. Click for more information.
May 9-11, 2017
Portland Crowne Plaza, Portland Oregon
1441 NE 2nd Avenue
Portland, OR 97232
Solar Energy International presents:
PV351L: SOLAR TRAINING - PV SYSTEMS - TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES FOR OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE LAB WEEK (GRID-DIRECT)
PV351L is an intensive, advanced training designed for solar professionals already working in the PV industry who want to take their technical skills to the next level and gain hands-on experience with a wide range of advanced analytical tools and meters. A mix of classroom and lab time, theory is immediately applied in the field, with a focus on commissioning, operations and maintenance, troubleshooting, and performance evaluation, using a wide variety of the latest and greatest tools the industry has to offer, including various multimeters, insulation resistance testers, IV curve tracers, and infrared cameras. Learn the advanced skills required to ensure PV systems operate safely and reliably! Click for details and to register. June 20, 2017 at Shoreline Community College.