The following represents local and regional schools offering classes, certifications and degrees pertaining to green building, energy sustainability and other related disciplines. This list is for informational purposes and does not necessarily represent an endorsement by Solar Washington.
College Programs in WA
- Bainbridge Graduate Institute (Seattle, WA) Offering an MBA in Sustainable Business and Certificates in Sustainable Business and Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship.
- Bellingham Technical College (Bellingham) Clean Energy Certificate
- Cascadia Community College (Bothell, WA) Degrees & Certificates in Environmental Technologies and Sustainable Practices
- Central Washington University Institute for Integrated Energy Studies (Ellensburg, WA) The Institute develops the nation’s future professionals via a three-track degree program, shares knowledge through regional, national and international collaborations, and serves businesses and academia as the source for relevant research in integrated energy issues.
- Edmonds Community College (Edmonds, WA) Construction Industry Training (with Green Building Skills focus) & Energy Management Program (with emphasis on renewable energy)
- Perry Technical Institute (Yakima, WA) Electrical training
- Shoreline Community College (Shoreline, WA) Clean Energy Technology Program (Video)
South Seattle Community College (Seattle, WA) Green Jobs Training
- The Evergreen State College Center for Sustainable Infrastructure (Olympia, WA) Established to advance a new sustainable infrastructure paradigm and practice in the Pacific Northwest and beyond, and to help Washington and Oregon to become nationally-recognized energy innovators.
- University of Washington Clean Energy Institute (Seattle, WA) The CEI is developing interdisciplinary educational programs that can attract the best and brightest students and post-doctorate researchers, and provide them with the knowledge to be deep contributors to their disciplines, while also understanding the broader technical, economic, environmental and societal constraints that impact clean energy adoption and sustainability.
- WSU Extension Energy Program (Olympia, WA) Offering training in Energy Code Compliance Training, Duct Testing, Air Sealing Training and more.
Outside Washington State
- Solar Energy International (SEI) (Carbondale, CO) Solar Professionals Certificate Program
- Solar Living Institute (Hopland, CA) The Solar Living Institute is a nonprofit solar training and sustainability organization. Founded in 1998, we have been providing professional solar training and a wide array of sustainability courses for over 15 years.
- University of Dayton Online Master of Science in Renewable and Clean Energy (Dayton, OH) The curriculum prepares graduates to obtain high-level roles as energy consultants, policy makers, energy planners, energy-efficient building designers and manufacturing engineers and renewable energy system designers.
- NABCEP-registered Certificate Training Program presented by Outback Power (Arlington, WA) This accelerated 3-day program covers everything from system concepts, technologies and planning to design, programming, commissioning and testing.
- Northwest Washington Electrical Industry JATC (Mount Vernon) A joint Labor - Management training program established by Local Union No. 191 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and the Cascade Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association. Prepares electricians for careers in solar with utilities or installers.
- An individual can apprentice with a solar installation firm.