About Solar Washington
Solar Washington is a non-profit organization comprised of people, companies, programs and organizations joining together to promote and advance the sustainable and ethical deployment of solar energy in Washington State. We are an association of solar energy equipment manufacturers, system integrators, distributors, dealers, designers, installers, consultants, regulators, utilities, planners, students, teachers, homeowners, and solar enthusiasts.
Through education and community involvement, Solar Washington promotes the sustainable development and equitable use of solar energy and its contribution to the economic, environmental and social fabric of Washington State.
100% clean energy Washington!
• Promotion of clean energy to support resilient and sustainable communities in Washington
• Well-trained and diverse workforce providing fair services and products
• Consumers making sound and informed decisions about solar
• Inclusive approach and access to research, development & new technologies through sharing of information, examples, and best practices to support a thriving industry
The Solar Washington Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is currently composed of nine board members, but bylaw revisions in 2022 are allowing the board to expand to eleven members.
Elected board members serve two year terms, so half of the board is either up for re-election or vacates a seat every year. Of the seven director positions open for 2024, there are 4 incumbents and 3 wide open seats.
The board meets quarterly, with only one in-person meeting per year, generally in the summer. Board members are expected to serve on at least one committee and attend the annual Solar Summit. A board term is a two-year commitment and can be renewed for a total of three consecutive times.
For more information on the role of the board and on board responsibilities, please view:
The nominating process is a three step process:
- Nominations are requested and accepted until December 10, 2023
- The Nominating Committee will review the nominations and propose a slate of candidates
- Elections will open on January 1 and will close on the date of the Annual Meeting (January 12)
Board candidates are requested to attend the Annual Meeting (January 12 at 2 pm). The first quarterly board meeting is January 26 at noon.
Click on the button below to nominate self or someone else. Your nomination(s) must be received by 11:59 pm Pacific Time, Sunday December 10, 2023.
For questions about the board or serving on the board, please contact Alex Nephews, Solar Washington President.
|Nominate Someone Else|