The following represents local and regional schools offering classes, certifications and degrees pertaining to green building, energy sustainability and other related disciplines. This list is for informational purposes and does not necessarily represent an endorsement by Solar Washington.
College Programs in WA
- Bellingham Technical College (Bellingham, WA) Clean Energy Technology Certificate
- Cascadia Community College (Bothell, WA) Bachelor of Applied Science in Sustainable Practices
- Central Washington University (Ellensburg, WA) Integrated Energy Management
- Perry Technical Institute (Yakima, WA) Electrical Technology
- Shoreline Community College (Shoreline, WA) Clean Energy Technology
- South Seattle Community College (Seattle, WA) Green & Sustainable Training Programs
- University of Washington (Seattle, WA) Clean Energy Institute
- Washington State University (Olympia, WA) Energy Program
- Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) Energy Policy & Management
Outside Washington State
- Solar Energy International (SEI) (Carbondale, CO)
- Solar Living Institute (Hopland, CA)
- University of Dayton (Dayton, OH) Online Master of Science in Renewable and Clean Energy
- Portland State University (Portland, OR) Graduate Certificate in Energy Policy and Management
- NABCEP-registered Certificate Training Program presented by Outback Power (Arlington, WA) This accelerated 3-day program covers everything from system concepts, technologies and planning to design, programming, commissioning and testing.
- Northwest Washington Electrical Industry JATC (Mount Vernon) A joint Labor - Management training program established by Local Union No. 191 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and the Cascade Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association. Prepares electricians for careers in solar with utilities or installers.
- The SunShot Initiative's Solar Ready Vets® program connects our nation’s skilled veterans to the solar energy industry, preparing them for careers as solar photovoltaic (PV) system solarreadyvets-color.pnginstallers, sales representatives, system inspectors, and other solar-related occupations. Solar Ready Vets is enabled by the U.S. Department of Defense’s SkillBridge initiative, which allows exiting military personnel to pursue civilian job training, employment skills training, apprenticeships, and internships up to six months prior to their separation.