The following represents local and regional schools offering classes, certifications and degrees pertaining to green building, energy sustainability and other related disciplines. This list is for informational purposes and does not necessarily represent an endorsement by Solar Washington.
College Programs in WA
- Bellingham Technical College (Bellingham, WA) Clean Energy Technology Certificate
- Cascadia Community College (Bothell, WA) Bachelor of Applied Science in Sustainable Practices
- Central Washington University (Ellensburg, WA) Integrated Energy Management
- Perry Technical Institute (Yakima, WA) Electrical Technology
- Shoreline Community College (Shoreline, WA) Clean Energy Technology
- South Seattle Community College (Seattle, WA) Sustainable Building Science Technology
- University of Washington (Seattle, WA) Clean Energy Institute
- Washington State University (Olympia, WA) Energy Program
- Western Washington University (Bellingham, WA) Energy Policy & Management
Outside Washington State
- Solar Energy International (SEI) (Carbondale, CO)
- Solar Living Institute (Hopland, CA)
- University of Dayton (Dayton, OH) Online Master of Science in Renewable and Clean Energy
- Portland State University (Portland, OR) Graduate Certificate in Energy Policy and Management
- NABCEP-registered Certificate Training Program presented by Outback Power (Arlington, WA) This accelerated 3-day program covers everything from system concepts, technologies and planning to design, programming, commissioning and testing.
- Northwest Washington Electrical Industry JATC (Mount Vernon) A joint Labor - Management training program established by Local Union No. 191 of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and the Cascade Chapter of the National Electrical Contractors Association. Prepares electricians for careers in solar with utilities or installers.
- The Puget Sound Electrical Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (PSEJATC) is a non-profit organization that provides the training required to receive certifications in Inside Wireman (Construction) Electrician, Limited Energy/Sound and Communication Electrician, and Residential Electrician. PSEJATC is jointly sponsored by the Puget Sound Chapter of the NECA (National Electrical Contractors Association) and IBEW local 46 (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers). It is the responsibility of PSEJATC to provide training for apprentices and journeymen in the organized electrical industry within the IBEW local 46 jurisdiction which includes King, Kitsap, Jefferson, and Clallam counties.
- The SunShot Initiative's Solar Ready Vets® program connects our nation’s skilled veterans to the solar energy industry, preparing them for careers as solar photovoltaic (PV) system solarreadyvets-color.pnginstallers, sales representatives, system inspectors, and other solar-related occupations. Solar Ready Vets is enabled by the U.S. Department of Defense’s SkillBridge initiative, which allows exiting military personnel to pursue civilian job training, employment skills training, apprenticeships, and internships up to six months prior to their separation.