Throughout the year you or your company/organization can support our efforts to advance solar in Washington by becoming a member or sponsor!
Thanks to those who supported Solar Washington during GiveBIG 2021!
During the GiveBIG statewide fundraising campaign, individuals and organizations come together across Washington to invest in our community. Every spring, the excitement for GiveBIG builds through grassroots-based word-of-mouth, social media, an extensive multimedia promotional campaign, and local celebrities and sports teams firing up the community to show their generosity. Click to be taken to Solar Washington's GiveBIG page.
Traditional ways you can support Solar Washington
- Become an annual indvidual member of Solar Washington. Annual regular individual memberships are $35. Other membership levels are available.
- Have your company support Solar Washington.
- Or, make a general donation.
- Volunteer your time, expertise, or both. Email [email protected] for more information.
- Support Solar Washington while shopping on Amazon.com via Amazon Smile. Choose "Solar Washington Association".
- Ask if your company has a donation matching program.
We are a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our EIN is 91-2083819.
Your Membership and Sponsorship support further our mission to expand solar understanding and awareness to Washingtonians!
With your support, we can continue to:
- Engage in neighborhood outreach and educational efforts informing homeowners and others about the environmental and economic benefits of solar
- Present "Solar 101s" to teach homeowners about the practical applications of solar and current incentives available
- Continue our General Meetings which are open to the public and featuring guest speakers from the solar industry, state government, academia, the scientific community and others
- Expand our scope of educational materials for industry professionals, homeowners, elected officials, students of all levels and others
- Further our partnerships with other non-profits to expand solar's reach into the community
- Deliver unbiased expertise and knowledge to the public through our board of directors, members, sponsors and partners
Impact from our work in the community:
Feedback From YMCA Earth Service Corps Environmental Symposium 2017 staff, volunteers and participants:
"Many youth commented that they learned a lot (from Solar Washington), loved that your presentation was interactive and highlighted it as the workshop from which they learned the most. A handful of evaluations also specifically highlighted that they felt hopeful after Solar Washington's workshop. Our staff and volunteers also commented on the high quality and engaging nature of your workshop. It was highlighted as one of the best by all groups!"
Former Solar Washington Board Member Rich Phillips presenting in front of high school students at the 2017 YMCA Earth Service Corps Environmental Symposium.