The January 2017 General Meeting will occur on Wednesday, January 4 in the Community Hall at the Phinney Center in Seattle from 6-8pm. Click for directions.
A discussion about the upcoming 2017 legislative session in Olympia and what that could mean for solar will take place. The meeting will likely address HB 1048 which was filed by Rep. Jeff Morris (D-40) on December 23. The Legislature will convene for a Regular Session on January 9, 2017. The Regular Session is scheduled to end on or by April 23.
Slated to appear include representatives from the following organizations/sectors:
- Jeremy Smithson, Legislative Director, Solar Installers of Washington
- Bonnie Frye Hemphill, Legislative Liaison, Solar Installers of Washington
- Joni Bosh, Senior Policy Associate, Northwest Energy Coalition
- Representatives from Seattle City Light, Puget Sound Energy and Clark Public Utilities
- Rep. Gael Tarleton (D-36th District), Rep. Jeff Morris (D-40th District)
Time for Q&A will be made available for the audience. Speakers subject to change.
Can't make the meeting in person?
If you are unable to make the meeting in person, feel free to listen in remotely by using the following instructions. Limit 25 participants:
- Please join the General Meeting remotely from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- You can also dial in using your phone.
United States +1 (224) 501-3412; Access Code: 723-789-453
Solar Washington presents its General Meetings as an informative forum for industry personnel, homeowners and solar enthusiasts. Our meetings present an excellent opportunity to network with industry representatives as well as learn about current products, services and issues surrounding the solar industry in Washington State. Open to all solar enthusiasts though donations of $5 or other amounts from non-Solar Washington members and sponsors are welcome to offset the costs of holding the meeting. Consider becoming a member of Solar Washington today! Click for more information.
6532 Phinney Ave N
Seattle , WA 98103
Google map and directions