Solar Washington's annual Company Sponsors and Business Members include utilities, installers, manufacturers, distributors, financial institutions and other companies and organizations who share Solar Washington's mission and commitment to solar education in communities throughout Washington State and who conduct their business practices with integrity and according to Solar Washington's Code of Ethics listed below.
Companies wishing to join Solar Washington as a Business member or Company sponsor, please read below before making your membership or sponsorship payment. You will be asked to agree to the Code of Ethics before proceeding to make your sponsorship contribution.
Solar Washington Member & Sponsor Code of Ethics
As a Business Member and/or Company Sponsor of Solar Washington, we are committed to conducting our business in an ethical manner and upholding the integrity of the solar industry. As part of this commitment, we pledge to (where applicable):
- accurately and honestly represent the cost, capabilities, reliability, performance and other characteristics of solar and solar-related products and services in all business dealings.
- design, build, install, operate and/or maintain products in a manner compatible with public health, safety, and environmental values.
- employ or engage well‐trained personnel to provide current, correct, and understandable product information.
- offer and honor clear, understandable warranties that comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- treat consumers in a professional and timely manner.
- accurately and honestly represent any financing mechanism in any transaction so as to be highly transparent and forthright as to its terms.
- conform to the law and intent of federal, state, utility, and local incentives and fairly represent the impact of such incentives in all transactions.
- accurately and honestly represent ourselves and our products, services, and/or projects to any government entity from which we intend to receive financial or other assistance, and fully comply with the terms of any such assistance received.
- understand that Solar Washington's value as an unbiased resource for information is not swayed or influenced by contributions from any particular sponsor or financial supporter.
- support the mission and goals of Solar Washington.
How to sign the Code of Ethics and make your Sponsorship or Business Membership payment online?
- If your company would like to sponsor at the Gigawatt ($1500), Megawatt ($1000), or Kilowatt ($500) levels (or other levels over $500), click to be taken to the online sponsorship payment form, select your amount, enter your company info, and click the checkbox at the bottom of the form indicating that you have read and agreed to the SW Code of Ethics.
- If your company would like to contribute as an annual Business Member ($350), click to be taken to the online membership payment form, select your amount, enter your company info, and click the checkbox at the bottom of the form indicating that you have read and agreed to the SW Code of Ethics.
If your company prefers to pay by check, please download the Code of Ethics form, sign, and mail along with a member/sponsor sign up form and your payment to Solar Washington, PO Box 3832, Seattle WA 98124.
All or part of your membership and sponsorship donations may be tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please check with your tax advisor.