Solar Washington welcomed speakers and attendees on Wednesday, December 18 at the Phinney Center for a forum on Community Solar policy in Washington as well as a presentation on Solar PV recycling.
Topics & Speakers:
- Dave Warren, President, The Warren Group, LLC, provided a background into the history of Community Solar policy in WA.
- Emily Rich, Product Development Manager of Puget Sound Energy, spoke about a Community Solar program in development.
- Mason Rolph, President of Olympia Community Solar,* presented on their Community Solar legislative proposal. Click to view presentation file.
- Gary Shaver, Consultant for Recycle PV Solar, spoke on the topic of the Reuse & Recycling of PV E-Waste: Emerging Challenges & Opportunities to Create a Sustainable PV Circular Economy. Click to view presentation file.
*Please note that Solar Washington does not necessarily endorse proposed legislation, but rather provided the forum for Olympia Community Solar and others to share their proposals, ideas and viewpoints.
- In early 2019, Spark Northwest released a report entitled Community Solar in Washington State History and Path Forward that explains and analyzes past Community Solar state policies, including a focus on inequity, and makes suggestions for the future policies. The report describes models that have worked well in other states.
- Link to WSU's latest Legislative Report from October 2019 showing updated information concerning Community Solar projects in Washington.
- Link to additional resources about Community Solar on Solar Washington's website.
Solar Washington presents public meetings like the one above as an opportunity to learn about the latest issues, opportunities, projects and policies as they relate to solar energy in Washington. Free and open to the public. Solar Washington is a nonprofit organization with a focus in facilitating and organization solar-related educational presentation, events and programs in an effort to serve industry professionals and the general public.
6532 Phinney Ave N
Seattle, WA 98103
Google map and directions