Solar Washington was recognized in 2000 as 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a mission to promote the uses and benefits of solar energy to all Washingtonians. Our activities include providing solar educational resources for the public, collaborating with like-minded organizations, and presenting educational meetings and networking events.
Notable Programs & Accomplishments
- Organized the state solar tour in conjunction with the national solar tour annually since October 2000, and coordinate the 4th largest tour in the nation in 2005, with over 150 sites and more than 1,200 visitors in at least a dozen communities, statewide.
- Produced a 2014 survey reporting on the positive impact of solar on Washington's economy.
- Presented the successful 2015 Washington State Solar Summit which brought together nearly 200 solar industry professionals and will be presenting the 2016 Solar Summit in October 2016.
- Continuously host bi-monthly public General Meetings bringing homeowners, clean energy advocates and industry professionals to discuss solar news, information, research and more.
- Participated in Northwest Solar Communities, a team of jurisdictions, utilities, industry partners, and citizen groups facilitated by Northwest SEED, Washington Department of Commerce, Oregon Department of Energy, Solar Oregon and other groups, which worked to make the process of going solar simple, fast, and cost effective for customers and the jurisdictions and utilities that serve them.
- Presented the 2015 and 2016 Washington State Solar Summits which welcomed industry personnel across the state in discussions concerning the current and future state of solar in Washington.