Solar Washington was recognized in 2000 as 501(c)3 non-profit organization with a mission to promote the uses and benefits of solar energy to all Washingtonians. Our activities include providing solar educational resources for the public, collaborating with like-minded organizations, and presenting educational meetings and networking events. Click to make a donation to assist us in our efforts to create programming and increase our educational outreach throughout Washington.
2018 Activities & Accomplishments:
- Presented the January 2018 General Meeting
- Presented the March 2018 General Meeting
- SW Board of Directors field solar-related questions from the general public via our website.
- Participated in the 2018 YMCA Earth Service Corps Environmental Symposium where SW personnel presented in front of 20 students from all throughout the Puget Sound
- Participated at Richland's Celebration of Science, a festival showcasing contributions of science based industries in the Mid Columbia area of Washington state
- Offered information about solar to Bellevue residents at the 2018 Bellevue Neighborhoods Conference.
- Co-presented the Washington Women in Solar Networking Event with DLR Group in Seattle.
- Worked an information table at the 2018 Energy Management Congress in Seattle
2017 Activities & Accomplishments:
- Presented the 2017 Washington State Solar Summit
- Delivered a presentation on solar at the Fall Real Estate Conference presented by the Seattle Chapter of the Appraisal Institute
- Presented the January, March, May and July General Meetings
- Co-hosted an Open House in September at the Washington Clean Energy Testbeds at the University of Washington-Seattle
- Publicized its support for HB 1048 and provided grassroots efforts in support of the bill; provided a comprehensive listing of solar and energy related legislation introduced in the 2017 legislative session
- Facilitated Solar 101 presentation to high school aged students at Emerson H.S. in Kirkland, WA
- Participated in the 2017 YMCA Earth Service Corps Environmental Symposium where SW personnel presented in front of 30 students from all throughout the Puget Sound
- Presented on solar and its uses at the April 2017 Tri-Cities Climate Forum as well as the 2017 Celebration of Science Day organized by the WSU Tri-Cities Environmental Club.
- Shared solar information for the general public at an info table at the People's Climate Festival & March on April 29 in Richland, WA where over 300 people turned out.
2016 Activities & Accomplishments
- Presented January, March, May, July and November General Meetings.
- Attended and/or tabled at the following outreach events
- Northwest SolarFest (Shoreline, WA)
- Sustainable Ballard (Seattle, WA)
- Aviation Technical Services Earth Day event (Everett, WA)
- Energy Management Congress Expo (Seattle, WA)
- Youth Climate Action Summit Fair at the Woodland Park Zoo (Seattle, WA)
- Attended Fall 2016 Northwest Clean & Affordable Energy Conference (Portland, OR)
- Invested in a new website with more user-friendly functionalities and improved database and communication capabilities
- Presented the 2016 Washington State Solar Summit (Shoreline, WA)
- Provided a Solar 101 presentation at the United Church (University Place, WA); shared solar resource materials for Go Green Tricities for the Elements at the REACH event (Richland, WA)
- Supported the #SolarStrong effort to encourage a healthy solar industry in Washington
- Utilized the industry expertise of Solar Washington's board of directors and volunteers to answer solar-related questions via our website and at outreach events
Notable Past Programs & Accomplishments
- Organized the state solar tour in conjunction with the national solar tour annually since October 2000, and coordinate the 4th largest tour in the nation in 2005, with over 150 sites and more than 1,200 visitors in at least a dozen communities, statewide.
- Produced a 2014 survey reporting on the positive impact of solar on Washington's economy.
- Continuously host bi-monthly public General Meetings bringing homeowners, clean energy advocates and industry professionals to discuss solar news, information, research and more.
- Participated in Northwest Solar Communities, a team of jurisdictions, utilities, industry partners, and citizen groups facilitated by Northwest SEED, Washington Department of Commerce, Oregon Department of Energy, Solar Oregon and other groups, which worked to make the process of going solar simple, fast, and cost effective for customers and the jurisdictions and utilities that serve them.
- Presented the 2015 and 2016 Washington State Solar Summits which welcomed industry personnel across the state in discussions concerning the current and future state of solar in Washington.
How you can support Solar Washington
Interested in supporting our efforts to promote solar education and adoption in Washington? Click to get involved with Solar Washington today.